At this stage, few energy feats Heather Connor achieves within the fitness center would shock anybody who’s paid consideration to her profession. But, someway, a current raise within the fitness center even appeared to shock the two-time Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) 47KG World Champion (2017, 2019).
On Could 21, 2022, Connor deadlifted 195 kilograms (429 kilos) whereas sporting only a lifting belt throughout a coaching session. In keeping with the caption of Connor’s Instagram put up, the pull is her heaviest ever in a pre-competition part. Connor will participate within the upcoming 2022 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Metropolis, South Africa.
Take a look at the deadlift that’s 4.3 instances Connor’s body weight of 45 kilograms (99 kilos) beneath, through her Instagram profile:
[Related: Rhianon Lovelace Records 241-Kilogram (530-Pound) Deadlift, Breaks British Raw Deadlift Record]
Notably, the 195-kilogram (429-pound) pull is definitely Connor’s second-heaviest deadlift ever — in coaching or sanctioned competitors. The powerlifter’s heaviest deadlift got here in coaching on December 31, 2020, when she lifted 200 kilograms (440 kilos).
“Heaviest I’ve pulled earlier than a contest, not unhealthy after touring virtually 16 hours the day prior,”
In the meantime, Connor’s best-ever deadlift in a contest is 192.5 kilograms (424.4 kilos) from each the 2021 Eire-UA ABS Professional and the 2021 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Uncooked Nationals. That determine offers Connor the present American document within the 48-kilogram weight class.
Connor in Context
Connor has made a reputation for herself within the energy sports activities world along with her deadlift prowess. The American athlete is the present proprietor of the IPF 47-kilogram deadlift World File, due to a pull of 176 kilograms (388 kilos) from the 2019 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships.
Right here’s a rundown of every of Connor’s best-ever marks in competitions:
Heather Connor | High Carry Stats
- Squat (Uncooked) — 143 kilograms (315.2 kilos)
- Bench Press (Uncooked) — 165.3 kilograms (364.4 kilos)
- Deadlift (Uncooked) — 192.5 kilograms (424.4 kilos) | American File
- Complete (Uncooked) — 410 kilograms (903.9 kilos)
Whereas her two IPF World Championships are some noteworthy peaks, they’re not all Connor can level to on the subject of stellar finishes. Listed here are a few of Connor’s standout outcomes from her profession:
Heather Connor | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2014 USAPL Fall Competition of Energy (Uncooked) — First place | Juniors
- 2015 USAPL Battle on the Border IX (Uncooked) — First place | Juniors
- 2015 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Uncooked) — Second place | Open
- 2016 North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) Arnolds StartingStrength.com Professional Uncooked Problem (Uncooked) — First place | Open
- 2016 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships (Uncooked) — Second place | Open
- 2016, 2018-2019, 2021 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Uncooked) — First place | Open
- 2017, 2019 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships (Uncooked) — First place | Open
- 2020 USAPL Palmetto Basic (Uncooked) — First place | Open
- 2022 AMP Basic Open Nationals (Uncooked) — First place | Open
[Related: Powerlifter Jessica Buettner (76KG) Captures 4 National Records During 2022 CPU Nationals]
The IPF Worlds Are Subsequent
Connor will quickly take her spectacular deadlift energy to a proper lifting platform. After a two-year absence from the competitors, she’ll characteristic within the 2022 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Metropolis, South Africa. If all goes in keeping with plan, she could effectively even lengthen the present IPF World File.
Featured picture: @heather.e.connor on Instagram