Gemma Corey is a 41-year-old mum-of-three primarily based in Brisbane and has been following The Healthy Mummy for the final two and a half years.
“In whole I’ve now misplaced simply over 27kg. I’ve additionally managed to have my healthiest and lowest danger being pregnant at 41 by following the Wholesome Mummy Being pregnant Meal Plans and exercises in The Healthy Mummy app,” she says.
In actual fact, by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, Gemma has been capable of make a heap of wholesome meals from the app – 156 serves for underneath $100 – that works out to be simply over 60 cents per serve!
What Gemma made:
8 Wholesome Mummy mains:
- Devilled sausages (8 serves)
- Stovetop Lasagne (6 serves)
- Potato Topped Savoury Mince Pie (4 serves)
- Butter Rooster (4 serves)
- Nation Rooster Pie (6 serves)
- Candy and Bitter Rooster (4 serves)
- Curry Flavoured Noodles (4 serves)
- Sluggish Cooker Mac n Cheese (4 serves)
8 Wholesome Mummy snacks:
- Caramilk Weetbix Slice (24 serves)
- Wholesome Mummy Vanilla Slice (16 serves)
- Choc Chip Cookie Tart (16 serves)
- Choc Chip Banana Bread (16 serves)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (12 serves)
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake made on a Caramilk (12 serves)
- Choc Toffee Bark (12 serves)
- Wholesome Sausage Rolls (8 serves)
40 serves of mains and 116 serves of snacks
You could find all of those recipes on The Healthy Mummy app.
“I made a complete of 156 serves for underneath $100! $99.91 to be actual. This prep took me roughly 4.5 hours whereas I used to be nonetheless caring for my 9 month previous,” she says.
“Fortunately I had picked recipes which I had made earlier than. So for probably the most half I didn’t must learn the elements or recipe technique and will simply get cooking! As a result of I used to be doing this prep all on in the future, it required vital planning!
“I needed to rigorously plan which meals and snacks I’d make. I needed to plan which dishes I’d cook dinner/bake my meals in (eg gradual cooker, stovetop, oven and air fryer). This saved me quite a lot of time as a result of I wasn’t ready for one dish to complete baking within the oven earlier than my subsequent dish may very well be prepped.”
Gemma used as many kitchen home equipment as she might
In actual fact, Gemma made full use of all of her kitchen home equipment, she used her stovetop, oven, air fryer and microwave.
“Earlier than beginning I organised all of my prepping containers on desk in order that I might shortly plate up my dishes after which transfer onto the following recipe, saving time,” she says.
“Whereas looking for elements, I used to be stunned at how less expensive I might get tinned and frozen greens than recent proper now. This was an enormous saving. Plus it didn’t make a distinction to my finish dish as a result of I’m freezing them anyway.”
“As a result of I used to be prepping a number of meals and snacks on the similar time I created a manufacturing line with all of my elements for every dish. This stored me centered so I didn’t neglect any key elements or steps within the recipe technique.
“I had a horrible behavior of shopping for far more groceries than we would have liked. This meant that there was all the time quite a lot of waste with fruits and veggies ending up within the bin.
“Now I rigorously plan out our dinners for the week and I buy solely the elements that we’d like and substitute proteins, veggies and fruits throughout dishes so that there’s minimal waste. I not often throw something out!”
Gemma’s high ideas for different mums meal prepping
1. Clear up as you go alongside
2. Intention to make use of all the things you purchase. I made an actual effort for this meal prep to be zero waste. I made positive that if I purchased an merchandise (eg puff pastry, pasta or a dozen eggs) I picked recipes that will deplete all the quantity.
3. Repeat meals and snacks as a lot as you may. The brand new 3 Pot Meal Plans actually encourage me to search out new methods to repurpose my leftovers into model new meals.
4. Attempt to minimise the quantity of various elements you’re shopping for every week by choosing meals that use the identical base elements or can have the identical elements substituted in.
5. Don’t neglect to take a look at the veggies within the frozen and tinned sections! These can prevent some huge cash in case you are utilizing them in your cooking. Frozen chopped spinach is waaayyyy cheaper than a bag of recent child spinach.
How The Wholesome Mummy app helped Gemma price range
“I relied closely on the filters within the Wholesome Mummy app. I looked for recipes utilizing the ‘price range pleasant’ and ‘5 & underneath’ filters for inspiration when placing collectively my deliberate mains and snacks,” Gemma says.
“I had a horrible behavior of coming dwelling from work drained and shopping for takeaway as a result of I couldn’t be bothered cooking.
“This is able to occur two, generally thrice per week. This behavior would value us as much as $150 additional every week.
“Due to my meal prep, I can have a wholesome, family-friendly meal on the desk a lot quicker than getting takeaway. Whereas we undoubtedly haven’t given up getting takeaway – I can now get pleasure from it as a deal with (as soon as a fortnight) quite than really feel responsible about it!”
Amazingly, Gemma estimates that she has additionally managed to save lots of an extra $50 per week from our grocery store by sticking to a meal plan and never overbuying elements to restrict waste.
Gemma has saved herself $7,800 a yr
“I estimate these adjustments have saved us $150 per week $650 per thirty days and $7,800 per yr,” she says.
“As a result of our household revenue has diminished whereas I’m on maternity go away, we haven’t been capable of improve our weekly grocery price range.
“So now we have needed to make our current price range stretch to afford all of these new bub requirements (method, nappies, wipes and so forth). This has meant that I’ve needed to save $50 per week to cowl these prices.”
Gemma Corey’s weight reduction success
Gemma Corey says, “My greatest weight reduction mistake was losing an excessive amount of money and time on diets which weren’t sustainable for my way of life.
“I’ve misplaced 27kg following the Wholesome Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and incorporating their smoothies and dietary supplements into my way of life. It took me simply over 12 months to lose this quantity of weight.
“Gaining access to heaps of price range and family-friendly meals and the flexibility to do efficient exercises at dwelling has made my weight reduction journey so successful! Due to Wholesome Mummy, I’ve lastly learnt reside a more healthy and extra lively way of life!”
Take management of your well being and health on the 28 Day Weight Loss Problem!
Need to take cost of your personal well being and weight? Then be a part of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY.
With greater than 6000 scrumptious (and wholesome) recipes, 500 workouts & 24/7 assist – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and confirmed) to assist busy mums such as you drop some pounds!
To be taught extra about our problem OR to affix – click on here.