With over 20 years of expertise, Kamal Elgargni is undoubtedly one of many extra seasoned skilled bodybuilders round. From Asia to Europe and Las Vegas, the 50-year-old IFBB Professional League athlete and former 212 Olympia Champion (2019) has posed on levels worldwide. If his current exploits are any indication, it looks like he’s hungry for extra glory.
On June 16, 2022, Elgargni offered an replace on his present physique over his Instagram profile, with the 2022 Mr. Olympia roughly six months away. That competitors will happen on December 16-18, 2022, in Las Vegas, NV.
[Related: Everything You Need To Know About How To Burn Fat]
After years of the prerequisite dedication to constructing muscle, Elgargni captured his first 212 Olympia title in 2019 as soon as the legendary James “Flex” Lewis vacated it after a run of seven straight victories (2012-2018). Following that title, Elgargni got here in second place to Shaun Clarida throughout the 2020 Mr. Olympia and completed in third place to Clarida (second) and Derek Lunsford (first) in 2021.
Earlier than displaying off the place his physique stands on the time of this writing, Elgargni was beforehand most lately seen coaching his legs with rising star Nick Walker.
About Kamal Elgargni
Whereas Elgargni didn’t disclose his present physique weight, the Libyan athlete has usually competed at round 211 kilos. It is perhaps secure to imagine that’s what he’ll purpose for by the point December 2022 and the most recent Mr. Olympia rolls round.
Listed below are among the completed bodybuilder’s prime outcomes from his prolonged profession that started when he was 29-years-old:
Kamal Elgargni | Noteworthy Profession Outcomes
- 2001 Nationwide Novice Bodybuilders’ Affiliation (NABBA) Mr. Universe (brief) — First place | Competitors debut
- 2002 NABBA World Championships (total) — First place
- IFBB World Novice Championships (middleweight/light-heavyweight) — First place (2005-2006, 2008, 2013)
- 2005 World Video games (middleweight) — First place
- 2006 Asian Video games (middleweight) — First place
- 2007 Nationwide Physique Committee (NPC) Excalibur Bodybuilding Championships (light-heavyweight) — First place
- 2009 IFBB Arnold Novice (light-heavyweight) — First place
- 2009 World Video games (heavyweight) — Second place
- 2011 World Bodybuilding and Physique Sports activities Federation (WBPF) World Championships (light-heavyweight) — First place
- 2013 Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports activities Federation (ABBF) Asian Championships (total) — First place
- 2013 IFBB Mediterranean Novice Championships (total) — First place
- 2018 IFBB Arnold Traditional (212) — First place
- 2018 Mr. Olympia (212) — Third place
- 2019 Mr. Olympia (212) — First place
- 2020 Mr. Olympia (212) — Second place
- 2021 Mr. Olympia (212) — Third place
[Related: Bodybuilder Chris Bumstead Trains During Q&A, Discusses Retirement, Recovery, And Avoiding Burnout]
Elgargni’s Close to Future
As one of many extra distinguished names in trendy bodybuilding, Elgargni will undoubtedly proceed to plug away together with his coaching as he begins to ramp up towards the Mr. Olympia. Based on his social media, the Libyan athlete’s newest physique replace is the primary that he has shared in an approximate month.
It very effectively may not be the final anybody sees of the bodybuilder’s progress earlier than the 2022 Mr. Olympia on December 16-18, 2022, in Las Vegas, NV.
Featured picture: @ifbb_pro_kamal_elgargni on Instagram